Monday 19 March 2012

Toys!!!

I think I have officially caught the Toy Disease.  It's taken a long time, but oy, I've got a bad case.  

For starters, after losing my Macbook, I bought a new one and decided I should simultaneously fix all my techno problems.  My phone had terrible reception and many of my calls.  I got a new Samsung phone, a touch screen, and it was awful.  It dropped my calls, it switched to speaker if my face touched the screen, I couldn't cradle it on my shoulder and talk to Camel while I cooked dinner...not good.  I surrendered, and after many years of happiness with my dumb phones, I gave in, risked the last vestiges of anything that might resemble sanity, and bought an iPhone.  Excited, I came home to have teenager greet me with, "Why did you get that, a new iPhone is coming out in 3 weeks."  So, I went back to the phone store (I am now the most-recognized customer), and ordered a new iPhone 4s and am eagerly anticipating the arrival of the new phone.  I can't wait to meet Siri and have her negotiate all my problems. 

Okay, and a while back, I asked Shrink Rap readers to help me decide between a Nook and a Kindle.  I decided on a Kindle, but never got one.  And then I read about the new Kindle Fire.  Oy.  I've pre-ordered one.  

Now I'm thinking I "need" Apple TV.  What is wrong with me?



Finally, I have some questions for our readers:
  • Dropbox or iCloud?
  • Apple TV: yes? no?
  • How's it going with Siri?  What's the coolest thing you've asked it (?her) to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment